WWCO Prep Sports Coach of the
Week
By Mariah Schoof
This past month our dean of students and head Varsity football coach,
Mr. Buboltz, was chosen for a very special award. He was named WCCO Prep-Sports
Coach of the Week. Mr. Buboltz was nice enough to answer a few questions about
this award:
What is the WCCO award?
It’s an award given to one high school coach each week during the high
school sports experience representing how important athletics are to them, and
then name the winner.
What does this award means to you?
What does this award means to you?
It’s an honor to be recognized this way. I’ve been very blessed to have
great kids to work with in coaching this incredible activity. There’s nothing
like it. It’s the best!
How did you become nominated for this award?
Truthfully, I’m not even sure about that. I was named on Friday 9/7 and
didn’t find out until Saturday afternoon. I watched it on my computer.
How long have you been the head football coach?
13 years here at MVL and 20 years total coaching football.
What did you receive from getting this award?
The athletic department will receive a $1,000.00 scholarship and all of
Minnesota thinks my last name is pronounced “Bubbles”.
We are happy to see Coach Buboltz recognized for his commitment to MVL
sports, and the $1,000.00 scholarship is greatly appreciated. Congratulations
to Mr. Buboltz for receiving this awesome award! If you would like to watch the
video, go to http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/09/07/if-you-missed-it-high-school-sports-rally-for-97/.
