Where in the World Are You? by Ella Andreasen


          Do you remember Linus, Kun, Tari, and Bo (also called Daniel)? They were international students that attended MVL last year. Linus is from Switzerland, Kun from China, Tari from Korea, and Bo also from China. The Charger asked them a few questions to see what they’ve been up to. 

 
Charger: Where are you this year?
Kun: “I go to St. Croix Lutheran High School now.”
Linus: “This year, as always, I just go with the flow. (That is, I’m in school for the most time.) In about five weeks, I'll go to the mountains with some friends for a week (skiing). And in summer we will take a family trip to Korsika in the Mediterranean Sea.”
Tari: “I'm at the U of M studying Physics and Philosophy.”
Bo: “Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY.”

Charger: What have you been up to?
Kun: “I am preparing for college and I joined a dance crew. We have 2 sessions a week and sometimes we go to some competitions.”
Linus:Not much. I hang out with friends in my free time, started playing the bass guitar, and joined the jazz band of our school. Most of my time is taken up by school. I continued playing basketball in school.”
Tari: “Living away from my parents (as usual), finding better restaurants, falling in love, playing with snow (finally lots of snow! :D), hooking people up with cool science projects, skipping lectures, sleeping, and studying when time allows.”
Bo: “I got used to co-ed bathrooms. I tried to join the college Quidditch team, but I am too lazy to show up for practice. I saw a Broadway show in NYC for free. I also wrote a 40 page research papers for finals. College life is great.”
Charger: Is there anything you'd like to say to people at MVL?                   
Kun: “I had a lot of fun last year and I miss you all!”
Linus: “The past year in Minnesota was the most enriching, life-enhancing experience, and I am thankful that I could be part of your life, even if it was just for one year.”
Tari: “Thank you times a million to those who remember me and love me. God's blessing to you all and I hope your semester has turned out to be worthy of your effort. Love you all!”
Bo: “Apply to Vassar. It's amazing here."